Friday, May 1, 2015

2015 Mock NFL Draft Results


The first round of the 2015 NFL Draft took place last night. It was a brisk one, starting at 8:00 p.m. and finishing at approximately 11:30 p.m. I posted a mock draft on Thursday morning just to see how I would stack up against Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have an ESPN Insider account, so I can't see Kiper's picks. For reference, here's the draft tracker (LINK).

Scoring:

  • 2 points for correct team and player
  • 1 point for correct team
  • 1 point for correct player
Peter King's mock draft (LINK):
  • Correct team and player: Winston, Mariota, Waynes, Shelton
  • Correct team: Armstead
  • Correct player: None
  • Total points: 9
Mike Mayock's mock draft (LINK):
  • Correct team and player: Winston, Mariota, Fowler, Cooper, Shelton, Humphries
  • Correct team: Armstead
  • Correct player: None
  • Total points: 13
Touch the Banner's mock draft (LINK):
  • Correct team and player: Winston, Mariota, Fowler, Cooper, White, Shelton, Agholor, Jones
  • Correct team: Armstead
  • Correct player: None
  • Total points: 17
So there you have it, folks. Yours truly is the source  for mock NFL drafts. Tell your friends and neighbors.

I'm just kidding, of course. I mean, those guys do this job full-time, and all I do is read mock drafts, watch television shows, and put together my own scenario of how I think things will go down. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's clean living or karma because its the Patriots, so it has to be some combination of competence and dumb luck. The Pats having given up Wilfork, get the pretty much consensus (me, being a dissenter there) best DT in the draft who falls to 32, just for them.

    That they do stuff like this year after year after year after year ....... is just amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Roanman. When you're consistently good on the field, you often have the ability to draft the "best player available" because you're not drafting for needs. I was surprised that Brown didn't go earlier, but there still would have been a couple good options available for them at #32 (I had them taking Jordan Phillips from Oklahoma, and Eddie Goldman was still available, too).

      Success breeds success.

      Delete
  2. Nice job picking 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thunder, would not have pegged you as a Comedy Bang Bang fan.

    ReplyDelete