Sunday, June 27, 2010

2010 Countdown: #74 Jeremy Jackson


Name: Jeremy Jackson
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 196 lbs.
High school: Huron High School in Ann Arbor, MI
Position: Wide receiver
Class: Freshman
Jersey number: #17
Prediction for 2010: Redshirt

I struggled with where to put Jackson on the list. There's no question in my mind that at least one of the freshman receivers will play this season (Jackson, Ricardo Miller, or Jerald Robinson), perhaps more. Darryl Stonum and Junior Hemingway are the likely starters, but there's not much after that.

But I've never been a fan of Jackson's playmaking ability. As the son of running backs coach Fred Jackson, he's probably learning the offense quickly and is technically sound. He's tall and can probably grab some jump balls. But golly gee, he looks super slow in every video I've ever seen of him - game film, spring practice video, etc. Not only might that be a problem for getting downfield, but I even doubt whether he can be an effective blocker at this point. I feel like Big Ten cornerbacks would just dance around him to make a tackle. So out of the three freshman wideouts, I think Jackson is the least likely to play this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment